Sunday 8 November 2015

Super Sunday week in review: Space, reading, OWL, oh my...



I've still been recuperating, much more in the last two weeks thanks to a procedure.

This is what I've been doing the past week or so...



School Project with Godson
This is going to be fun. This is a project to designed to be done with a family member. My Godson is very much interested in Space, which I am too. While I'm not the most scientific of minds myself, I appreciate all things scientific, so it'll be good for me to learn a thing or two as well.

So far we've borrowed a few things from the library and been reading bits. It's such a huge topic and the presentation in front of the class is only 5 minutes, so it'll have to be us learning and giving a recap to the class. Some art may be involved. :)


Reading
Oh, be still my reading heart, I've managed to pick up the pace again. It's been slow going with the mind fog at times, but that's okay. I'm enjoying being a reader and while sometimes the writer part of me notices something in the writing, I'm trying to push that part to the subconscious to relish the act of reading for reading sake.

This in turn has made me update my details on Eleni's Library and even start a new reading quote feature. I love quotes as you know *wink*.



Blogging OWL
As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm co-presenter in online Blogging workshop for Romance Writers of Australia. Week one's lesson went well with Daniel de Lorne presenting the bulk of it (he kindly took the lead in while I've been recuperating). This week Dan will talk about Wordpress, and the following week, I'll talk about Blogger.

It's great immersing myself in blogging again and picking up some nifty items - like Canva (created the graphic for Neil Gaiman quote - that have changed in my time focused on other parts of my life. And I'll be looking at my blogging schedule as well.




Family time
I've been spending more time with family and would you believe this night owl is getting up to have breakfast at a reasonable hour (around 8am). I know, right! But it's been great. And we've been watching some TV programs together - Castle and Arrow are faves for all three of us. 

Our pup (who is almost 9 years old) had surgery to remove some cancer spots and is doing well now a few weeks later. Here he is waiting for my brother to come back home. Yep, she's a cutie but a cheeky one. 



Coming Week
I'll pretty much be focusing on the above as well as a design project, so while I'm still doing things it's not at the break neck speed I was doing previously.

Have a great week!
~yia~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...