Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Triple J's Hottest 100


I've listened to Triple J on and off for years. It's usually the station I have on in the car. This week was the Triple J's Hottest 100 as voted by Triple J listeners

Here's a list of the Top 10:

1. Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know {Ft. Kimbra}
2. The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
3. Matt Corby - Brother
4. Boy & Bear - Feeding Line
5. M83 - Midnight City
6. Lana Del Rey - Video Games
7. San Cisco - Awkward
8. 360 - Boys Like You {Ft. Gossling}
9. The Jezabels - Endless Summer
10. Hilltop Hoods - I Love It {Ft. Sia}

And because I'm in a funky mood, here are the songs that have a bobby tune...


Goyte with their 'Somebody I Used to Know'.  I love the tune and how it has a 60s feel. Is it me or does he sound a bit like Sting?



Youtube link


 Here is Lonely Boy (This clip reminds me of people dancing around when nobody is watching :) )




And Awkward:




Go Triple J. 

~yia~


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come black men really know how to move? It must be a gene. The first and third clips do remind me of the 60's - with a modern twist. Wonder if that's what they were aiming for?

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

I absolutely love Someone I use to know, even before it became a hit. Love the beat, the words, it's unreal. :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

I think so. Nice to see the 60s revived because hadn't it been the 80s for a bit there. Funny enough with the dancing, to me it looks like he's his version of white person dancing :) It's such a simple clip but so effective.

Eleni Konstantine said...

I had been playing CDs for awhile in the car because there had been a tendency for doof-doof music that I wasn't in the mood for. I heard the song and thought, this is great. Didn't realise it was such a hit - I'm such an ignoramus with those type of things. I agree with you Suzanne, it's such an unreal song.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...